Recruitment Strategy in the Energy Sector – How to Approach Recruitment in Rural Communities
Level 2 Workshop
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Within the energy sector, we need to take a deeper dive into how we continue to build safe environments where everyone can bring their true authentic self to work. This is especially important when speaking with prospective candidates and new employees.
To do this, we need to understand what successful recruitment practices are and how we can grow the Indigenous pipeline. Organizations need to see this as not just a “nice to have” – it is a must for us to foster innovation and increase our bottom line.
In this session, we will Identify the importance of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in the talent pipeline for Indigenous peoples
- Identify common biases that occur
- Building more inclusive practices
- Discuss the business case for Indigenous inclusion within the energy sector
- Talk about the Equity Act and Discrimination – what are the legal implications?
- Introduce strategies to embed Indigenous inclusion into Economic Social Governance
- Engaging Indigenous youth
- Identify and commit to action