Join the Voices of Economic Reconciliation at Forward Summit
Early bird registration is now open for Forward Summit 2020.
Recommendation #92 of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada’s Calls to Action calls on Canada’s corporate sector to support the economic growth of Indigenous communities and peoples. The purpose of Forward Summit is to facilitate a professional and open environment where Indigenous communities, businesses, and thought leaders can gather to build relationships, learn, and share experiences. The result of the event is to amplify the voices of Indigenous champions and connect community and industry together to build economic wealth and Indigenous prosperity.
What is Economic Reconciliation?
Forward Summit Co-Chair, JP Gladu, welcomes over 500 delegates to the inaugural event in February 2019 and shares the significance and opportunities of Economic Reconciliation.
Highlights from 2019
Forward Summit welcomed over 500 delegates, speakers, exhibitors and speakers over three days.
Over 100 thought leaders gathered to share insights and knowledge.
40+ Indigenous Communities
Delegates traveled from across Canada to attend Forward Summit. Over 40 Indigenous communities gathered in Calgary, Alberta.
Delegates were greeted by a sold-out exhibition during lunch and networking breaks. The exhibition floor was the apex of conversations and transactions.
Who You'll Meet
- Indigenous thought-leaders
- Community Chiefs
- Indigenous business owners
- Non-Indigenous industry experts
- Economic Development Officers
- Senior industry decision makers
- Investment and financial community members
- Identify opportunities for economic growth within your community
- Create and build mutually beneficial relationships with Indigenous and industry decision makers
- 1 to 1 networking focused on learning and sharing experiences
- Expert-led panel discussions that explore successes and challenges
- Discover commonalities and shared values with Indigenous communities and businesses
Download the Forward Together Research Report
Learn about the key themes that emerged from the conversations at Forward Summit 2019.
Forward Summit is a national gathering of Indigenous and non-Indigenous thought leaders who are committed to Indigenous prosperity. From our dedicated Co-Chairs to our passionate attendees, economic reconciliation is the goal and Forward Summit is a platform to gather, share, learn, build trust, and reconcile.
We welcome back the leaders of Forward Summit who continue to guide and shape the direction of event.